Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I just love this cabinet

Remember the garage sale? Well, the point of having the GS was to get rid of stuff but somehow this cabinet snuck into our house. One seasoned garage sale bloke came and bought 6 items for a whopping $3 then asked me to carry them to his car (I think he'd had a hip operation - luckily cause I thought it was a bit rude to haggle down to $3 then expect valet service) and I spotted this little gem in the back of his station wagon. Turns out he'd bought it for $35 (!) at another garage sale that morning. He offered to sell it to me and I tried to act all 'oh...I don't know...I guess I MIGHT be interested' when all the while my insides were screaming - I WANT THAT CABINET. In the end we settled on $50. He drove a hard bargain but I still think that I was the winner of the day - a cheap price for such lovely deco-ness. God I love art deco.

No comments: