Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sex and the city

For those of you who haven't seen the movie - read on at your own peril....

I saw it a week ago with some gals from my mother's group and I have to say the expectation going into it was low. I was thinking about other TV disapointments eg. last episode of Seinfeld. How could the girls recreate the magic after such a long absence?

Who knows how they did it but they damn well did.

I loved it. I loved that it was a long movie, loved that I was chowing down on a mega box of popcorn in the dark theatre, loved that I saw it at the Westgarth, loved that it still felt a little TV episode-ish and LOVED the bit where Carrie hit Big with the bouquet. Hit him over, and over, and over again.

What I also loved about the movie was the good girlfriend vibes that went with it. I loved seeing it with 3 of my girlfriends and I loved seeing other women with their gal pals. It kind of felt like a grown up sleepover.

The Mr is o/s this week for work with instructions to lay his hands on a DVD of the movie. That way I can watch it over, and over, and over again!


image from http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/galleries/

No comments: