Friday, July 18, 2008

I love my boy

Wow, this must be my 'I love' week. So far this week, I've declared my love for Grand Designs, Pantone, Arial (well, my hate for TNR), and SATC. But today I declare my deepest love for my little bub.
This morning he was so lovely and in this rush of emotion, I thought I should blog about it. We had a lovely breakfast of porridge with pear and blueberries. And he fed himself most of it. I love watching him do that. When he gets the spoon in his mouth, he throws his arms above his head and smiles at me while I say 'hooray!'. Then he skeeted around playing with the esky handle, the picnic basket, the washing basket and his plastic hammer - so incredibly cute. After that, I thought things would quickly slide downhill because it was time to change the nappy. Ie. time to have a tantrum, arch his back and protest. But not today! He lay down quietly with his Casper Caterpillar book and played with Casper's googly eyes while I did the nappy thing. Peek-a-boo is something he's learnt to play this week. I've been peek-a-booing for a while now but lately, he has gotten the hang of it - so we played it for a while...he shielded his face with Casper and then flung Casper down in one swift motion and giggled himself silly.
We played with some empty boxes and put some things that don't belong in boxes, into boxes. Onto Playschool. We caught the last 10 minutes of it and he sat in my lap while I cuddled him and watched peacefully. My little boy is a wriggly worm. He really only sits still when he is sick but today we had a big cuds and the best news is - he isn't sick (thank god). After a lovely breastfeed, he is tucked up in bed for his morning sleep while his happy mama blogs the hours away.

Aint life grand?

1 comment:

Christie said...

What a great morning, funny how kids make simple things so much fun & so memorable... sometimes!