Saturday, March 29, 2008

How now Brown Owl?

In an effort to ensure that I have a couple of hours of uninterrupted craft time each month, I joined Brown Owls. I went to my first sesh a few weeks ago and started stitching my owl - clearly I was doing more talking than stitching....oh well. Lots of nice crafty gals to meet AND icy poles. It was that stinker of a hot day. We had a garage sale today - and it served to remind me that the world is made up of all types. All the money was going to a good cause so we thought that people would be a little more generous with their bargaining. But I was wrong...there certainly were some very strange requests coming from people. One guy checked out everything we had, combed through things then looked around and said "Oh, do you have an electric oven for sale?". I wanted to say "Yes. We do. But instead of displaying it with the other merchandise, we thought we'd hide it away and wait until someone asked for it." But I didn't say that. I kept a straight face and said "No, sorry." One of the other girls who was helping out with the selling said that he then asked if he could have a satchel bag for free...what part of "All the proceeds are donated" did he not get??

No comments: