Thursday, March 27, 2008

My clothes match my soft furnishings

I bought this fabulous Amy Butler fabric a few months ago. It's heavy weight cotton and I've had it in my 'to do' pile for yonks. A few weeks back, I finally finished this skirt. It is the first thing I've made from a pattern! My sister-in-law helped me put it together which was kind of her.


Reasons I'm proud of this effort:
1. It fits - nicely
2. I made it all by myself (verbal instructions from said SIL still counts as me making it)
3. It is beautiful, beautiful fabric
4. It is fully lined
5. I got to use my overlocker
6. It has hard things like darts, a zip and magic waist tape stuff
7. I made it from a pattern

Yay me!

p.s. I cannot wear this skirt when I am near my front door. Scroll down to find out why...

2 comments:

kerrinfoster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Buying beautiful soft furnishings for home would be the dream of every woman. For that you spend a lot of time in selecting the right place where you can buy all these accessories. Now you don’t have to wander in all directions in search of same. You can order these even sitting in your home from www.fornisca.com , an online furniture store offered a mass variety of soft furnishings like cushions, throws, towels in a lot of designs and fabrics. Moreover quality products are available at very reasonable prize.