Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm a Mix

I'm sitting on the couch while the little man sleeps, beavering away at the hexagon quilt (which I'm determined to get done before he turns one) and am listening to a wee bit of Neil Diamond. The thing is - I love all that kinda music. Bit of Elivs never hurt nobody. You know the kind of artists I'm talking about...Neil Diamond, Elivs, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Connie Francis, Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves and all those great one hit wonders from the 50's, 60's and 70's.
I married a bloke who is more in touch with the music scene from this decade. He's keen on Triple J where as I'm a bit of a Mix 101.1 or 774AM. I just don't get alot of modern music. You can't sing along and the lyrics aren't as nice. Don't get me wrong - I love Madonna as much as the next girl but I'm not into that head pounding music. No siree.

2 comments:

life in red shoes said...

I found you through the Allsorts post a day challenge. What a lovely little blog you have. I too am trying to keep up or rather catch up with all the projects I have started or want to start. I'll keep checking in on your progress!

muralimanohar said...

Whaddya mean you can't sing along to modern songs?? I am thinking you are just listening to the wrong stuff. :p For that matter, just avoid radio altogether, and get friends to recommend good stuff to you. That's what I do. If I only listened to what radio put out, I would be so put off. I didn't really listen to music for 10 YEARS thanks to radio(between the end of the 80's, and early 2000's!) Now I am a music junkie. Just not a radio junkie. lol