Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome rant


Weellll, I've taken the plunge and have decided to join the blogging community - one of my New Year's resolutions. How efficient of me, it's only the second day of the year.

So many beautiful craft blogs out there....maybe one day mine will be one of them! At the moment, this blog is skin and bones but once I figure out how to tart it up - watch out!

At the mo, I'm absolutely obsessed by all things crafty. Mostly quilting, fabrics and embroidery but I just love texiles and seeing clever people create beautiful objects. Over the last few weeks, I've created some bits and pieces myself (nothing too amazing) - some napkins for Christmas and some pretty Christmas stockings and an ornament for our Christmas tree (can you see a 'Christmas' theme here??).

My husband and I have a little tradition at Christmas time - every year we each get a decoration for the tree. So by the time we are old people our tree will be full of decorations! This year I made mine. I figured that I'd spent the majority of the year with a little bub growing inside me. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Simple but effective.

No comments: