Thursday, January 24, 2008

Crafty day

Somehow today was fairly productive craftwise. Not quite sure how that worked out...the little fella was awake virtually all day and not only that, he was in quite a hyper mood.
Anyhoo, I covered a tea canister out of the apple and pear fabric that I bought for my Christmas napkins. It was another project to test out the ol' overlocker and it turned out ok! I used watered down PVA to stick it to the canister. I think it looks pretty good actually. I'm going to give it to my friend as a thank-you prez for watering our garden while we were on hols. I need to buy another tea canister so I can make one for my sis.

I also whipped up another overlocker wonder today: some little pouches to hold these cool Huon Pine wood chips that my mum and dad bought me from Tassie. Apparently they keep the moths away, so I'm gonna stick my little pouches in our wardrobes and see if it works. Allegedly they also remove smells from cupboards ...we've got a funny smelling cupboard so I'm hoping the HP works wonders.

No comments: