Saturday, February 16, 2008

Shop till you drop

Today was a day filled with lovely fabric browsing. Went to GJ's in Lygon St and looked at their patchwork fabrics - nice but not 100% inspirational. Lots of good Kaffe Fasset stuff though. After that, I took the trek to Malvern to Patchwork on Central Park - now that shop has inspiration! Everytime I go in there I want to start a new project. One of the staff, Adrienne, is so kind and full of lots of quilting wisdom. She's one of those people who can choose fabrics for you and initally you might say 'Hmm, not sure about those...' but once you make the quilt the fabrics look bloody stunning. Wish I had that skill.

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

Hi Louise,
Just found your blog via the Brown Owls list from last Monday night. I love those door stops you made, especially the cute monkeys!