Saturday, August 2, 2008

Little surprise

Today I had to work. Yuck, work on a Saturday means no playing with the little one or the Mr. I got home this arvo, put the boy to bed for his arvo sleep - then the Mr and I went straight to bed. Don't be getting the wrong idea...it was purely for sleep purposes. We are both uber tired - perhaps due to the fact that the little guy woke up for 2.5 hours the other night. I wish I could make him understand that 1.30am-4.00am is not playtime.

Anyhoo, back to the story. Both boys are sleeping (still!), after an hour of snoozing I woke up and decided to make (or actually, bake) them a surprise.
This is what is waiting for them.
Stephanie Alexander's blueberry muffins. The best.
They are super easy and don't require a mixer or a food processor:
- 220g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125g sugar
- 3/4 cup oil (I use melted butter instead)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 200g blueberries (I use half blueberries, half dried cranberries)

Put flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. In another bowl, mix oil (or melted butter), milk and egg in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix (quickly - don't overwork the mixture), add the berries.
Put into muffin pans and bake at 200 degrees for 25 mins. Voila!
This great recipie is from Stephanie's book, the Cooks Companion. I love that book.

No comments: